Breastfeeding Management in Australia (4th Edition)
The Australian Breastfeeding Association’s book is for health professionals and is the only breastfeeding textbook written specifically for Australian conditions.
Out of stock
Published by the Australian Breastfeeding Association, Breastfeeding Management is a key text for health professionals. It is written for the broad range of health professionals who care for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers and their babies, such as midwives, GPs, nurses, and pharmacists, as well as lactation specialists such as breastfeeding counsellors and lactation consultants. It is the only breastfeeding textbook written specifically for Australian conditions.
Fully revised and updated, Breastfeeding Management covers all the common issues and problems that arise in hospital and in the community, from antenatal care to weaning.
- Up-to-date information on anatomy and physiology of the lactating breast
- The unique features of breastmilk and why breastfeeding is an important public health initiative
- Management of normal breastfeeding including supporting antenatal education, settling and sleep, infant growth and introducing solids
- Common breastfeeding challenges including engorgement, insufficient milk intake, nipple pain, mastitis and breast refusal
- Other breastfeeding topics such as nutrition, sexuality, stress, maternal hospitalisation and medication use while breastfeeding
- Information to support breastfeeding preterm infants, twins and higher order multiples, relactation and adoptive breastfeeding, expressing and storing breastmilk and returning to work
- Conditions in infants and their impact on breastfeeding such as gastrenteritis, jaundice, lactose intolerance, gastro-oesophagal reflux, food allergies and cleft lip and/or palate
- Key information on supporting breastfeeding in emergencies such as bushfire and flooding
It is also highly recommended for students, especially those sitting the IBLCE exam. Edited by Wendy Brodribb AM MBBS IBCLC PhD FABM, this easy-to-use reference is an essential source of up-to-date care for breastfeeding women and their children.
|Dimensions||285 × 200 × 45 mm|